- Fillet of Salmon
- 1/4 sliced zucchini
- 1/4 cup sweet onion diced
- A handfull of cherry tomatos, cut in halves
- 1 Organic sweet potato, washed and cubed (I keep the skin on for the added nutrients)
- A handful of brussel sprouts, fresh or frozen
- Half a lemon
- 2 tbs Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried Tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 1 tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Roughly chop the sweet potato into chunks and coat lightly with olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake in the oven at 350F until soft and slightly caramelized; I added the brussel sprouts to the pan about 10 minutes after the sweet potatoes.
While the potatoes and brussel sprouts are roasting, chop the onion, tomatoes, and zucchini. Place the sliced veggies and salmon into a baking dish lined in foil.
Mix the lemon juice, mustard, tarragon, Cayenne, salt and pepper together and pour over the salmon. Cover the salmon with foil and bake until done, roughly 20-25 minutes.
To me, nothing beats the taste of roast sweet potatoes. Try and buy organic if you can because there is a big difference in taste, I’m talking water and wine! Loblaws now sells organic sweet potatoes for about 5$ a bag…worth every penny!