- 1/3 to 1/2 cup honey
- 1 1/2 cups steaming hot water
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- Ice cubes for serving
- Mixed berries to garnish
In a heatproof 1-quart pitcher or bowl, combine the honey and hot water and stir until the honey is dissolved. Stir in the lemon juice. Let cool for at least 10 minutes or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Pour into ice-filled glasses.
Serves 2 to 4.
View on William Sonoma
Photo by Lion Heart Vintage
Paleo sugar cravings can be pretty intense, so I often substitute by making this thick and creamy “milkshake”. The addition of an avocado is what gives it the silky, thick and creamy texture.
- 1/2 cup Coconut milk (I use the unsweetened kind, not the one in a can) Substitute with almond milk or any other nut or seed milk
- One Ripe Avocado
- One frozen ripe banana for sweetness
- Frozen wild blueberries, or any other fresh or frozen berry
- Honey to taste
- A Pinch of Cinnamon Powder
Put the ingredients together in a blender or food processor and wait patiently (with your ears covered) for the mixture to come together. You can either drink this with a straw, or eat it out of a bowl with a spoon (yes it’s that thick). Serves 1-2.